QEMU is a FAST! processor emulator using dynamic translation to achieve good emulation speed.
QEMU emulates a full system (for example a PC), including one or several processors and various peripherals. It can be used to launch different Operating Systems without rebooting the PC or to debug system code.
For system emulation, the following hardware targets are supported:
- PC (x86 or x86_64 processor)
- ISA PC (old style PC without PCI bus)
- PREP (PowerPC processor)
- G3 BW PowerMac (PowerPC processor)
- Mac99 PowerMac (PowerPC processor, in progress)
- Sun4m/Sun4c/Sun4d (32-bit Sparc processor)
- Sun4u (64-bit Sparc processor, in progress)
- Malta board (32-bit and 64-bit MIPS processors)
- ARM Integrator/CP (ARM)
- ARM Versatile baseboard (ARM)
- ARM RealView Emulation baseboard (ARM)
- Spitz, Akita, Borzoi and Terrier PDAs (PXA270 processor)
- Luminary Micro LM3S811EVB (ARM Cortex-M3)
- Luminary Micro LM3S6965EVB (ARM Cortex-M3)
- Freescale MCF5208EVB (ColdFire V2).
- Arnewsh MCF5206 evaluation board (ColdFire V2).
- Palm Tungsten|E PDA (OMAP310 processor)
- AIX5L V5.3:
- AIX V6.1:
- AIX V7.1: