Testify is a replacement for Python's unittest module and nose. It is modeled after unittest, and existing unittest classes are fully supported. However, Testify has features above and beyond unittest:
- Class-level setup and teardown fixture methods, which are run only once for an entire class of test methods.
- A decorator-based approach to fixture methods, enabling features like lazily-evaluated attributes and context managers for tests.
- Enhanced test discovery. Testify can drill down into packages to find test cases (similiar to nose).
- Support for detecting and running test suites, grouped by modules, classes, or individual test methods.
- Support for splitting up tests into buckets for multiprocessing.
- Pretty test runner output (hooray color!).
- Extensible plugin system for adding additional functionality around reporting.
- Comes complete with other handy testing utilities, including turtle (for mocking), code coverage integration, profiling, and numerous common assertion helpers for easier debugging.
- More pythonic naming conventions.