If you are running Ganglia version 3.1.X or higher and are experiencing problems, i.e., you don't see any metrics except the heartbeats, please check if your AIX version is one of the following mentioned below.
- This issue will be seen with 32-bit applications running on a 64-bit kernel.
- The call to the
dlsym() function might corrupt a variable of the callee function (stack corruption) which might occur when optimization is turned on.
Please check for AIX (TL="Technology Level", SP="Service Pack"):
- 5200-10 - use AIX APAR IZ17650
- affected are: AIX5L 5.2 TL10 SP0-SP4, fixed with SP5 (
oslevel -s = 5200-10-05-0819)
- 5300-06 - use AIX APAR IZ10231
- affected are: AIX5L 5.3 TL06 SP0-SP4, fixed with SP5 (
oslevel -s = 5300-06-05-0806)
- 5300-07 - use AIX APAR IZ11810
- affected are: AIX5L 5.3 TL07 SP0-SP1, fixed with SP2 (
oslevel -s = 5300-07-02-0806)
- 5300-08 - use AIX APAR IZ12055
- 5300-09 - use AIX APAR IZ12393
- 6100-00 - use AIX APAR IZ12394
- affected are: AIX 6.1 TL00 SP0-SP2, fixed with SP3 (
oslevel -s = 6100-00-03-0808)
- 6100-01 - use AIX APAR IZ12116
- 6100-02 - use AIX APAR IZ12395