aria2 is a download utility with resuming and segmented downloading. Supported protocols are HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/BitTorrent. It also supports Metalink version 3.0.
Currently it has the following features:
- HTTP/HTTPS GET support
- HTTP Proxy support
- HTTP BASIC authentication support
- HTTP Proxy authentication support
- FTP support(active, passive mode)
- FTP through HTTP proxy(GET command or tunneling)
- Segmented download
- Cookie support
- It can run as a daemon process.
- BitTorrent protocol support with fast extension.
- Selective download in multi-file torrent
- Metalink version 3.0 support(HTTP/FTP/BitTorrent).
- Limiting download/upload speed